Many people appreciate the beauty of cobblestone pavers and use them as beautiful walkways in their homes. Cobblestones are beautiful kinds of stones that make interesting walkways that may also lead to front doors through gardens and patio areas. One of the best things about the paver is that it is durable and does not break easily. You can have a wide selection of colors, sizes and shapes that you can choose from. Installing cobblestones to significant areas of your homes will create a more inviting ambiance. Your family members and guest will love it for certain. You may follow these simple steps to install cobblestone pavers.
1. Mark the path of the walkway by using stakes for every few feet and then outline with a string.
2. Dig out the dirt and remove any hard object like large rocks and roots that might get in the way in the installation process.
3. Place a weed barrier cloth so you can prevent the weeds from growing and sticking out from between the paver. You need to make sure that the weed barrier cloth is covered. You can use a construction sand to have it covered. You can also smooth the sand bed to an ideal height.
4. Put the cobblestone pieces on top of the sand bed. Tightly set them together and then pack them into place with a rubber mallet. Do not use too much force so you will not cause any damage to the paver.
5. Brush off the extra sand with a broom and then pack the sand by spraying water using a hose.
Exploring the Beauty of Cobblestones
Cobblestones can either be square or rectangular in shape and look like a series of bricks that are laid flat. Some may also appear scattered or random and there are smaller rocks that fill the gaps between those that are larger in size. You may choose to line up the others or arrange them in semi circles. If you desire, you may also feature a mosaic type kind of pattern or go for the French pattern for pavers.
Aside from home use, cobblestones are also used for streets. Some homes are actually made of cobblestones. They are commonly used for landscaping boarders and wells. They are also used for indoor or outdoor artworks. Aside from cobblestones, marble pavers are also a perfect choice of stone to make your homes better. Marble pool coping can make your outdoors appear lovelier and more comfortable. Your family members will certainly get the best time of their lives during weekends as they enjoy their stay at home. It’s just very important to make your homes more appealing and relaxing. After all, there is no place on earth like home.
- How to Make Your Lawn Prettier with Paver Edgings (marblepavers.wordpress.com)
- Fascinating Ways to Use Travertine in Different Areas of Your Home (marblepavers.wordpress.com)